Friday, July 16, 2010

I'm Kevin, and I'm a Mac

Tonight I am making my first addition to Meredith and my blog, as well as my first real addition to the decorating effort for our new apartment. Sort of. What I call decorating some might call it splurging on a ridiculously huge, and awesome, new computer. Today, with Meredith's approval, I finally upgraded from the laptop I have been using for the last 6, or so, years. If you just look at the memory upgrade over Meredith's laptop (512 MB DDR2 to 8 GB DDR3) this computer has 32x more RAM.

Whats more, it will be the first time I have ever owned, or really even used, a Mac. The reason I call this decorating is because the 27 inch display on my new iMac is definitely the dominating feature of our office / guest room.




While using a Mac makes me feel like a complete idiot (my unofficial title at work is the groups "Computer Nerd", which is saying something in a group of 50 engineers, but it took me like 5 minutes to figure out how to save a word document on this thing), I can already tell Meredith and I will enjoy the transition, and the sweet new computer.

1 comment:

  1. I had a dream last night that someone gave me a macbook for my birthday!

    ReplyDelete

Blogging tips